WORKPLACE SKILLS PLAN / ANNUAL TRAINING REPORT PROCESS
BANKSETA encourages registered employers to submit a Workplace Skills Plan as per the Skills Development Act and the Skills Development Levies Act, in order to qualify for Mandatory and Discretionary Grants. The submission of the Workplace Skills Plan must include:
- The training programmes that an organisation plans to implement for the year ahead.
- An implementation report for the actual skills development that took place in the year prior.
NOTE: Guidelines on how to complete the WSP / ATR are sent to registered employers yearly and for further information in this area please feel free to contact the Skills Development Team.
Provision is made within the Workplace Skills Plan (WSP) and Annual Training Report (ATR) templates to plan for and report against PIVOTAL programmes. PIVOTAL programmes are professional, vocational, technical and academic learning programmes, which meet critical needs for economic growth and social development. These programmes generally combine coursework at universities, universities of technology or colleges with structured learning at work through, among other things, professional placements, work integrated learning, apprenticeships, learnerships and internships.
If a company does not submit a WSP by the due date of 30 April, it will forfeit its Mandatory Grant and this money will be swept into the Discretionary Fund for use in the BANKSETA strategic focus areas. Companies that do not submit their WSP documents by 30 April will not be able to apply for discretionary funds.
All submissions are made online through the BANKSETA system and are consolidated into a sector profile, which enables BANKSETA to keep track of the trends in the industry as well as update its records accordingly. In the years following a company’s first submission to BANKSETA, an ATR is required with the WSP. This report indicates the extent to which the plan from the previous year was implemented.
Templates for both the plan and the report are provided by BANKSETA together with a guide to assist SDFs with documentation completion. A manual is available to assist SDFs to navigate the BANKSETA system.
BANKSETA will enable and support your company with all the necessary information and documentation, to ensure that you receive the maximum benefit from the skills development process and all BANKSETA skills development initiatives.
- B2 – Annual Education and Training Programmes
- B3 – Training Beneficiaries Report
- B5 – External Beneficiaries (including 18.2 learners) of Education and Training
- B6 – Completed Adult Education and Training
- Skills Development Presentation
- Mandatory Grant Policy and Guidelines
- BANKSETA Management Information System (MIS) Training Manual
- OFO Codes and Data Tables 2016
- Municipality Accepted Values