DOCTORAL & POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH FUNDING
The BANKSETA invites all qualifying candidates to apply for the Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Funding 2019 academic year.
The BANKSETA has identified a need for the funding of Doctoral and Post-Doctoral research studies pertinent to the broader banking and inclusive banking (microfinance) sector. Doctoral/Post-doctoral students must be nominated by the Employer where the student is employed. BANKSETA will evaluate the application based on the importance of the research to the banking and inclusive banking sector and will approve/decline applications and allocation of funds.
The BANKSETA invites all qualifying candidates to apply for the Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Funding 2020 academic year.
The PhD funding window opens on 2021 Intake
Annexure A: This document must be read in conjunction with the BANKSETA Funding Window Guidelines Document which specifies the BANKSETA requirements for all applicants of funding windows. The purpose of this document is to indicate what the specific criteria is for the different funding windows.
|Sub-Programme||Eligibility Criteria||Evaluation Criteria (must score at least 60%)||Allocation Criteria|
|SUB PROGRAMME 3.20: PhD and Post-Doctoral Funding||• Doctoral / Post-Doctoral students who have been nominated by the employer where the student is employed.|
• University lecturers in the fields of financial services, education, entrepreneurship, mathematics and related fields.
• Lecturers from public TVET colleges and Universities of Technology who want to complete their doctoral studies by completing their dissertation in the field of financial services, education, entrepreneurship, mathematics and related fields.
• This funding window is open to both employed and unemployed South African applicants.
|Relevance to Banking Sector / SETA||Cap of R70 500 per learner|
Additional Documentation to accompany the application are listed on the last page of the application form. Your application will be considered incomplete if some of the supporting documents are not attached.
NB: The higher educational institution with be given preference to enter into MOA with BANKSETA, only in rare circumstances will the employer (where applicable) be part of this process.
Documentations to accompany the application:
- A copy of the ID
- Transcript of Masters’ results (First year applicants).
- Proof of registration for 2020 academic year.
- A copy of the Research Proposal that has been approved and proof of approval by the HE Institution
- A letter (maximum 2 pages) by the applicant explaining how your potential PhD research would contribute to interest of the financial services sector and the South African economy as a whole.
- A letter (maximum 1 page) from company or higher education institution endorsing applicant.
- A signed Progress Report if applying for funding for subsequent years of study
- Doctoral Re-Application Progress Report Form 2020
- Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Application Form 2020
- Discretionary Grand Funding Window Guidelines 2020
The closing date and time for all applications is 17:00 on Tuesday 10th November 2020.